Service Level AgreementContact the support team to determine service level eligibility.
Warranty & Service Level Agreement
Eagle Point Technology, Inc. Support Offsite Return Service offers high-quality return-to-Eagle Point Technology service levels with remote telephone support and offsite repair for eligible products at an Eagle Point Technology (EPT) designated repair center. The service includes offsite repair or replacement, materials and parts, labor, and the cost of the return shipment.
EPT offers service levels with flexible shipment options to the EPT designated repair center, as detailed below.
Some service levels are also available with option service features such as accidental damage protection.
I. SERVICE FEATURES
1.01 Remote Problem Diagnosis and Telephone Support
When experiencing a problem, the Customer must first place a call to a designated support telephone number. EPT will provide basic telephone technical assistance with installation, product configuration, setup, and problem resolution. Prior to any remote or offsite assistance, EPT may ask the Customer to provide relevant information, start diagnostic tools, and perform other supporting activities. EPT will then work with the Customer remotely to isolate the hardware problem.
1.02 Offsite Support and Materials
If EPT determines that the problem cannot be resolved remotely, EPT will direct the Customer to return the defective hardware product to an EPT designated repair center, where EPT will provide technical support. EPT will provide the supported parts and materials necessary to return the hardware product to operating condition. EPT may, at its sole discretion, elect to replace support hardware products in lieu of repairing them. Replacement parts and products are new or functionally equivalent to new in performance. Replaced parts and products become the property of EPT. You, the Customer, is covered up to the maximum value that you paid for the item that is being covered. Once EPT has paid out that amount either through repairs or replacement, your Warranty is considered fulfilled. If you would like coverage for a replaced product, you must purchase a new warranty for that item. In addition, EPT may install commercially available engineering improvements on the covered hardware product to enable proper operation of the hardware products and maintain compatibility with supplied hardware replacement parts. At its sole discretion, EPT may install any firmware updates that, in the opinion of EPT, are required to return the covered product to operating condition or to maintain supportability by EPT.
1.03 Return Shipment
An EPT authorized courier will return the repaired or replaced product to the Customer’s location if it is within the geographic location where the service was provided. Return shipment will be by ground transportation and usually takes between three and seven business days. The Customer may request accelerated delivery at an additional charge.
1.04 Shipment to the EPT Designated Repair Center
Depending on the purchased service level, EPT offers different, flexible shipment options for delivery the defective product to the EPT designated repair center:
1.04(a) Delivery by the Customer
With this option, the Customer is responsible for delivering the defective product to the EPT designated repair center. The Customer must ensure that the product is appropriately packaged for the chosen method of delivery. Delivery can be in person or by a locally available commercial delivery service.
1.04(b) Pickup by EPT
An EPT authorized courier will pick up the defective product at the Customer’s location if the pick-location is within the geographic location where the service will be provided, and deliver it to the EPT designated repair center. It is the Customer’s responsibility to appropriately package and prepare the product for courier pickup.
1.05 Turnaround Time
Turnaround time for this service will be three (3) EPT business days for eligible locations, except in cases of intermittent failures and non-availability of parts, which may require additional repair time. Turnaround time is measured in elapsed business days from the time the defective product is received by EPT until the time the repaired or replaced product is ready to be shipped back to the Customer. Received by EPT means (depending on shipment option used) either: (1) picked up at the Customer’s site by an EPT authorized courier or (2) received during EPT business hours at the EPT designate repair center, if delivered or shipped by the Customer. Turnaround time does not include the time the repaired or replaced product is in transit back to the Customer. If the defective product is received at the EPT designated repair center after 5:00 p.m. local time, the three-business-day turnaround time starts with the next business day. The three-business-day turnaround time is not available for all geographic locations and may be longer outside metropolitan areas.
1.06 Coverage Window
The coverage window specifies the time during which the described services are delivered offsite or remotely. Service is available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday excluding EPT holidays (may vary by geographic location).
II. OPTIONAL SERVICE FEATURES
2.01 Accidental Damage Protection
For eligible products, specific service levels may be offered with accidental damage from handling protection. When the accidental damage protection service feature applies, the Customer receives protection against accidental damage from handling to the covered hardware product as part of this service.
Accidental damage from handling is defined as physical damage to a product caused by or resulting from a sudden and unforeseen incident, provided such damage occurred in the course of regular use. Covered perils include non-intentional liquid spills in or on the unit, drops, falls, and electrical surges. Coverage damage also includes damaged or broken liquid crystal displays (LCDs), and broken parts. Additional details and exclusions to the accidental damage protection service feature are detailed in the “Service limitations” section below.
III. SERVICE-LEVEL OPTIONS
**Not all service level options are available on all products. The service-level options the Customer has chosen will be specified in the Customer’s contract documentation**
3.01 EPT Return Service
EPT provides a return service that includes repair or replacement and return of the defective product, including all parts, labor, and freight. By selecting the EPT Return Service Option, the Customer assumed responsibility for packaging and shipping or delivering the defective product to an EPT designated repair center. EPT will return the repaired or replaced product to the Customer’s site if it is within the geographic location where the service is provided. Turnaround time for this service will be three (3) EPT business days for eligible locations, except in cases of intermittent failure, which may require additional repair time. Turnaround time is measured in elapsed business days from the time the product is received at an EPT designated repair center until the time the repaired or replaced product is ready to be returned to the Customer. Turnaround time does not include the time required to return-ship the repaired or replaced product. The Customer may request expedited return shipment for an additional charge, which will be billed to the Customer. The Customer may call the EPT Customer Support Center between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday excluding EPT holidays. Extended telephone support may be available for selected products (times may vary by geographic location).
3.02 EPT Pickup and Return Service
EPT provides a door-to-door service that includes pickup, repair, or replacement of the defective product and return of the operational product. Turnaround time for this service will be three (3) EPT business days for eligible locations, except in cases of intermittent failures, which may require additional repair time. Turnaround time is measured in elapsed business days from the time the product is picked up at the Customer’s site if it is within the geographic location where the service is provided, until the time the repaired product is ready to be returned to the Customer. Turnaround time does not include the time required to return-ship the repaired or replaced product. The Customer may request expedited return shipment for an additional charge, which will be billed to the Customer.
The Customer may call the EPT Customer Support Center between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday excluding EPT holidays. Extended telephone support may be available for selected products (times may vary by geographic location).
All standard accessories included with the EPT base unit part number and all EPT supplied internal components such as memory and CD-ROM drives are covered under this service.
4.01(a) Not covered under this service are items such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Consumables including, but not limited to, batteries and Tablet PC pens and customer-replaceable batteries. Defective or depleted non-customer replaceable batteries will be replaced or repaired as part of this service.
- Maintenance kits and other supplies
- Accessories purchased in addition to the base unit, such as docking stations and port replicators.
- Any product previously repaired by an unauthorized technician or user.
V. CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES
5.01 Customer Responsibilities
- Upon EPT request, the Customer will be required to support EPT’s remote problem resolution efforts, The Customer will:
- Provide all information necessary for EPT to deliver timely and professional remote support and to enable EPT to determine the level of support eligibility
- Start self-tests and install and run other diagnostic tools and programs
- Perform other reasonable activities to help EPT identify or resolve problems, as requested by EPT
The Customer must ensure that the product is appropriately packaged and prepared for pickup or the chosen method of delivery or shipment to the EPT designated repair center. EPT may require the Customer to include a print-out of any previously conducted self-test results together with the defective product.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to back up and remove all personal and/or confidential data from the defective product before it is returned to an EPT designated location for repair or replacement; EPT is not responsible for data stored on the returned product.
5.04 Reporting Accidental Damage
For EPT Warranty services that include the accidental damage protection service feature, it is the Customer’s responsibility to report the accidental damage to EPT within thirty (30) days of the incident date so that EPT can expedite system repair. EPT reserves the right to deny repair for systems under this coverage program for damages in which the incident has been reported more than thirty (30) days after the incident date.
5.05 Loaner Equipment
For any equipment supplied by EPT to the Customer as loaner, rental, or lease products, the Customer will promptly return the replacement equipment at the expiration or termination of support with EPT. The Customer will be solely responsible for removing all sensitive data before returning any such loaned, rented, or leased equipment to EPT. The Customer is responsible for returning loaned, rented or leased equipment from EPT and the Customer is solely responsible for any loss of that equipment. Failure to return loaned, rented, or leased equipment will result in the voiding of any and all warranties and services, in the name of the Customer, with EPT, and all other rights and remedies that may exist at law or in equity. The Customer must either return the loaned, rented, or leased equipment to EPT or pay the replacement value, as determined by EPT, to have all remaining warranties and services reinstated.
VI. SERVICE LIMITATIONS
6.01 Service Limitations
Activities such as, but not limited to, the following are excluded from this service:
- Backup, recovery, and support of the operating system, other software, and data
- Troubleshooting for interconnectivity or compatibility problems
- Services required due to failure of the Customer to incorporate any system fix, repair, patch, or modification provided to the Customer by EPT
- Services required due to failure of the Customer to take avoidance action previously advised by non-EPT personnel to install, repair, maintain, or modify hardware, firmware, or software
- Services that, in the opinion of EPT, are required due to improper treatment or use of the product
- User preventative maintenance
6.02 Exclusions to the Accidental Damage Protection Service Feature Option
The accidental damage protection service feature provides protection for sudden and unforeseen accidental damage from handling, provided such damage occurred in the course of regular use. It does not provide protection against damage due to:
- Normal wear and tear, change in color, texture, or finish; gradual deterioration, rust, dust, or corrosion
- Fire, a vehicular or homeowner’s accident (in cases in which said accident is covered by an insurance policy or other product warranty), act of nature (including, without limitation, floods), or any other peril originating from outside the product
- Police action, undeclared or declared war, nuclear incident, or terrorism
- Reckless, abusive, willful, or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the product. If protective items such as covers, carrying cases or pouches, etc. were provided or made available for use with the covered product, it is expected that the Customer will continually use these product accessories for protection against damage to the covered product. Abuse is defined as the intentional non-utilization of protective items during product use, or the treatment of the product(s) that has been purchased for use in a harmful, injurious, or offensive manner that may result in its damage. Any resultant damage from this type of treatment is NOT covered by this accidental damage protection service feature.
- Exposure to weather conditions or environmental conditions that are outside of EPT specifications; exposure to hazardous (including bio-hazardous) materials; operator negligence; misuse; mishandling; improper electrical power supply; unauthorized repairs or attempts to repair; improper and unauthorized equipment modifications, attachments, or installation; vandalism; animal or insect damage or infestation; defective batteries; battery leakage; lack of manufacturer-specified maintenance; or improper maintenance (including the use of inappropriate cleansers)
- Error in product design, construction, programming, or instructions
6.03 The Accidental Damage Protection Service Feature Does Not Cover the Following:
- Maintenance, repair, or replacement necessitation by loss or damage resulting from any cause other than normal use, storage and operation of the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and owner’s manual
- Any equipment relocated outside the country of purchase and not covered by an EPT Warranty service that includes travel accidental damage protection
- Theft, loss, mysterious disappearance, or misplacement
- Data loss or corruption; business interruptions
- Fraud (including, but not limited to, incorrect, misleading, erroneous, or incomplete disclosure of how the equipment was damaged to the Customer’s adjudicator, the servicer, or EPT)
- Accidental or other damage to the product that is cosmetic in nature, meaning damage that does not impact operation and functioning of the computer
- Computer monitor screen imperfection, including but not limited to ‘bur-in’ and missing pixels, caused by normal use and operation of the product
- Damage to product(s) whose serial numbers are removed or altered
- Damage or equipment failure that is covered by manufacturer’s warranty, recall, or factory bulletins
- Damage caused during Customer’s shipment of the covered product to or from another location
- Damage to hardware, software, media, data, etc., stemming from causes including, but not limited to viruses, application programs, network programs, upgrades, formatting of any kind, databases, files, drivers, source code, object code, proprietary data, any support configuration, installation, or reinstallation of any software or data; or use of damaged or defective media
- Any and all pre-existing conditions that occurred (i.e., took place) prior to the date of purchase of the EPT Care Pack service
- Product obsolescence
Eligibility for purchase of the accidental damage protection (ADP) service features requires the product to be covered by a factory warranty or a warranty extension service with coverage duration equal to or longer than the accidental damage protection service.
6.05 Limitations to the Accidental Damage Protection Service Feature Option
Accidental damage protection coverage is limited to one claim per product per 18-month period commencing from the EPT Warranty service start date. Once the specified limit is reached, the cost of repair for any additional claims will be charged on a time-and-materials basis, but all other aspects of the EPT Warranty service purchased will remain in effect unless specifically documented otherwise in the country of purchase. For those Customers with a history of significantly high claims, EPT also reserves the right to deny acceptance of requests to purchase the accidental damage protection service feature.
7.01 Governing Law
This agreement and the rights of the parties under this agreement will be governed by, interpreted, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana.
7.02 Entire Agreement
EPT does not make any further representations or warranties except as expressly stated within this Agreement.